“Future of Work” conference – 21st and 22nd November 2019
5 Jun 2019
Share this item:
The ILO Global Business and Disability Network (GBDN) will hold a “Future of Work” conference on 21st and 22nd November 2019, at the ILO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
The two-day event will include:
Signing ceremony of Charter for new members with the presence of ILO Director General;
Presentation of the Future of Work publication and high-level panel discussion;
Launch of the global GBDN campaign;
Plenary and parallel sessions will address topics like:
• Artificial intelligence and its impact on the employment of persons with disabilities
• Ensuring that persons with disabilities have the required digital skills
• Company practices to ensure the employment of persons with disabilities in the context of a changing labour market
• Global employee resource groups on disability
• How global companies and national networks can support the employment of persons with disabilities in SMEs
• Examples of good practice on employment of persons with disabilities in the public sector
• How collective bargaining and social dialogue can promote the employment of persons with disabilities
• How to move the employment of persons with disabilities higher up on the global agenda
• The Business Disability Forum global standard
• The #Valuable 500 campaign
• The #PurpleLightUp campaign
Lots of networking opportunities will provide the opportunity to all participants to share their best practices.
International Sign interpretation and Live Captioning will be provided.