MAPFRE: Diversity makes us unique
MAPFRE is committed to the economic and social development of the countries in which it operates. The company generates continuous job opportunities for people with disabilities, who represented 3.3 percent of the company’s global workforce at the end of 2020.
MAPFRE has a Corporate Disability Program in place at – implemented in more than 20 countries – that contributes to including people with disabilities in the labour force. The principal areas of action are:
- To generate a disability-sensitive culture within the organization
- To contribute to including people with disabilities in the workforce
- To improve the quality of life of people with disabilities
- To develop products and services aimed at people with disabilities
- To extend the commitment to disability to the company’s supplier network
To celebrate the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, MAPFRE launched an awareness-raising video that features six company employees with and without disabilities. In the video, they recount first hand the most notable values of their colleagues and what makes them a valued professional, thereby intimately reflecting MAPFRE’s commitment to diversity and the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace.
The employees who participated in this initiative had the opportunity to highlight some of the positive characteristics that set their colleagues apart. MAPFRE believes that diversity adds value, in that it allows the company to take on board differing points of view, while simultaneously enhancing creative and innovative capacities.
At MAPFRE, diversity makes us unique.